I want to thank http://bookpapercut.wordpress.com/ for nominating for this blog award! The Liebster Award is passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading, and the criteria for this is they have 200 followers or less.
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- List 11 Random Facts about you
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
So here’s the deal, when thinking about blogs to nominate, I went through my own criteria:
- In addition to appearing to have less than 200 followers, I thought a “new” blog should also be less than two years old.
- I only wanted to nominate blogs where I have maintained some communication with the blogger, that is, we both follow each other and for most of these, we generally comment on or like one another’s posts fairly frequently.
- I also wanted to nominate those that I thought would want to talk about the award and pass it along, but if I nominated you and you do not wish to talk about it, that is totally OK and I will completely understand.
So with all that in mind, and even though I follow more than 11 blogs and more than 11 blogs follow me, I only have 8 nominees instead of 11. Please don’t hurt me! This blog is only in its fourth month, and I am still developing relationships with bloggers. So without further ado, here are my Liebster Award nominees:
11 Facts about me:
- I have lived in four states: Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, and now Tennessee. As of recently, I have lived in TN longer than anywhere else.
- I’m pretty good at air hockey.
- I am married to my first and only boyfriend ever. This Thursday we will be married for four years and together for nine years.
- My husband got me into Star Trek, and I ended up falling completely in love with it. I have seen every episode of every series (including the animated series!) and every movie (except I haven’t seen the new one yet obviously… looking forward to it!).
- I write stories, and it is virtually impossible for me to write a whole story, from start to finish, in order. I tend to jump around a lot… but I’m trying to work on this by plotting better.
- I spill water frequently.
- I am an only child. So is my husband.
- I’m 5’1″
- I really hate calling people, especially strangers, on the phone. I am slowly doing a little better as I get older, but I still hate it.
- I share a birthday with Avril Lavigne and Gwyneth Paltrow (September 27).
- I became a Batman fan after watching Batman and Robin. I know it’s a pretty terrible movie but… I still don’t hate it.
Answers to Dani’s 11 questions:
- What are your 3 go-to books when it comes to giving out book recommendations? The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Quitter by Jon Acuff, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.
- Why did you start blogging? My very first blog I started because I liked the idea of having an online journal of sorts. I started this particular blog because I wanted to share with others how stories have impacted my life and connect with others who have been impacted by stories.
- Zombies, vampires, or werewolves? Ugh… I’m really not into any of these. I just haven’t gotten into the paranormal genre.
- If you could meet any living person in the world, who would you meet? My favorite songwriter from my favorite band, Jon Foreman of Switchfoot, because I want to hear his stories about what inspires his songs and what has made an impact in his life.
- What was the last thing you read, watched, and listened too? Read: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. Watched: An episode of an old TV show called I Spy staring Bill Cosby. Listened: Whatever was on the radio… I don’t remember.
- Of the books you have read this year, which is your favorite? Non-fiction: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Fiction: Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
- What is your zodiac sign? (Western/Chinese or both) Libra/Tiger
- What is your favorite quote? It’s quite a whopper, from the movie The Two Towers. “It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something… there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam in LOTR: The Two Towers
- Who would you: marry? befriend? hate? (book characters)
- How long have you been blogging? I have blogged on and off for probably about ten years, but I just started this blog four months ago.
- What are your hobbies? Besides reading and blogging: writing, photography, movies.
11 Questions for nominees:
- What was your favorite book that you read in 2012?
- What book character would you consider naming your child after?
- Who would you want to star as you in the movie of your life?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names and what are they?
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
- What book would you like to see made into a movie that is not yet?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- If you go on vacation anywhere tomorrow, all expenses paid, where would you go?
- What is the worst book you have read (or tried to read) and what made you dislike it so much?
- What book and/or movie character do you relate to most?
- What is your favorite TV show of all time?