Thanks to Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy for tagging me to do this, even if this questions are very hard!
1. Would you rather read only trilogies or standalones?
Even though there are some trilogies I have dearly love (The Hunger Games and the Grisha trilogy, most notably), I am a huge fan of standalones. It’s so much easier to pick up a book without the commitment to read further, and I wouldn’t have to deal with disappointing sequels either!
2. Would you rather read only male or female authors?
I have to say I am really NOT a fan of this question, but I will say female authors since that is primarily what I read. But if I had never been able to read The Chronicles of Narnia or Mistborn or The Book Thief merely because they were written by men that would be a tragedy!
3. Would you rather shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
I definitely feel a lot more love for Barnes & Noble and try to do most of my book shopping with them. Unfortunately, sometimes I do go with Amazon even though they anger me in multiple ways, but B&N is definitely my fave.
4. Would you rather all books become movies or TV shows?
I think more books are motr fit to become movies than they are TV shows. And besides, there’s no way I could keep up with that many shows!
5. Would you rather read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
Wow! So one of these is way too little and the other is way too much! I guess I’ll go with 5 books a week, and here’s hoping this is my job, where I can be paid to read one book for 8 hours every weekday!
6. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or author?
Even though being a professional reviewer would be 100 times easier in my opinion, it’s never been an aspiration of mine. I have wanted to be a published author for a large portion of my life. So I think that’s a previous obvious answer.
7. Would you rather read your top 20 favorite books over and over or or always read new ones you haven’t read before?
Even though I do enjoy rereading favorites, I would have to go with always reading new ones. There are always new favorites waiting to be discovered, and how else would I be able to find them? The memories of my favorites will live on in my heart, and many have movie adaptations as well.
8. Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller?
That’s really hard to say… it would depend on which library and which bookstore. But I do think librarians probably have better hours, so from a practical standpoint, that would probably be my answer.
9. Would you rather only read your favorite genre or every genre except your favorite?
If I can count young adult as my favorite genre, I would just stick with it because there are still so many subgenres within it. I just hope I wouldn’t burn out in 20 years.
10. Would you rather only read physical books or ebooks?
As convenient as ebooks are, physical books are my first love.
I’m tagging anyone who is interested! What would you rather do in the above scenarios?