I want to thank Shanelle at The Tracery of Ink for nominating me for this award! I’ve been nominated for other awards before, and truth be told, it’s hard to always come up with people to nominate, but after seeing who I nominated for the Liebster Award back in May, I realized I have since befriended some more wonderful bloggers that I think are deserving of this award. So here’s the skinny…
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog. (It’s on my About page now.)
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. (I’ll be nominating 6; I had more in mind but other bloggers ended up nominating them instead!)
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post. (I’ll tweeting everyone.)
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
BTW, if you’ve been nominated for this award before, or for another one recently, or if you don’t really do the award thing at all, and don’t feel like going through all the hoopla, that’s OK! You won’t hurt my feelings one bit. I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog and like the variety of content you post! Woot! Here’s my nominations:
Now, 7 “interesting” facts about myself:
1. I almost always have some sort of obsession at any given time. Right now, that obsession is with the TV show Fringe. I should be starting season three by the end of the week! Can’t wait!
2. I had my first car, a 1999 Honda Civic, for 7.5 years, and earlier this year finally had to give it up, but was quickly consoled with my “new” 2010 Honda Civic.
3. My favorite band of all time, and has been for years, is Switchfoot. My current fave that I spend the most time listening to as of late, however, is Phillip Phillips, which is sorta strange considering I wanted Colton Dixon to beat him out on American Idol. I saw him live though and it was like a jam session. And saxophone. Yes. I just love his style.
4. I like my burger with cheese and ketchup only as a general rule, though bacon, onion straws, and barbecue sauce are other possible toppings I’ll take.
5. Outside of the US, I have traveled to Mexico, England, Jamaica, and The Grand Cayman.
6. I have managed to make it this far in life without working in retail or food service. Here’s hoping I can continue down this path, but I certainly know there are no guarantees.
7. I think ET is a creepy movie and I don’t like it. I actually don’t care for a few “classic” films.