Jo March (Little Women) was probably the first heroine in a story I really admired and related to. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games trilogy) is of course a determined heroine for the current generation whose story I also enjoyed. This blog is about stories like theirs that inspire me, whether they be in books, in movies, or on TV. I also will share a little bit about my pursuits in writing as I chase my dream to become a published author.
My name is Amy, and…
– I write young adult fiction and hope to be published in the next few years.
– I’m married to my high school sweetheart.
– I love Star Trek, especially Deep Space Nine.
– I read the entire Harry Potter series for the first time as a 28 year old (and you can read all about it on this blog).
– I was sorted Hufflepuff but I still feel very much like a Ravenpuff… or Huffleclaw?
– My favorite storyteller is Christopher Nolan.
– I love movie/TV adaptations of Jane Austen’s books, but struggle when I actually read them.
– Despite my interest in (and a college minor in) psychology, I still can’t seem to nail down my Myers-Brigg personality. It’s the Sensing/Intuition part that messes me up, because I can’t decide between INFP or an ISFP.
– I love chocolate. Like a lot. And I’m a little bit of a chocolate snob.
Nominated for a 2014 YA Highway Web Award for favorite blog in the Aspiring YA Author category
You can find me on the social media sites as seen on the right-hand side and on Letterboxd (basically Goodreads for movies).